A grease fire at Checkers fast-food restaurant in Hickory closed the restaurant Wednesday morning, according to Hickory Fire Education Coordinator Terri Byers.

Hickory firefighters responded to the fire at the Highway 127 diner around 10 a.m.

Byers said a grease fire damaged the restaurant’s grill, exhaust hood and ventilation system, closing the restaurant.

It is unclear how long the restaurant will stay closed.

Get today’s top stories right in your inbox. Sign up for our daily newsletter.

Recommended for you

Load comments