At The Center for Advanced Vein Care in Hickory, North Carolina, Dr. Aaron Thompson, Jr., enjoys a growing clientele of patients seeking treatment for unsightly or painful vein problems. Dr. Thompson combines the knowledge he gained through years of study focused on surgery and diseases of the veins with the most advanced technologies available to help each and every patient fell good about his or her body image and to enjoy a life free of pain due to disorders of the venous system.
In his private practice at The Center for Advanced Vein Care in Hickory, NC, Dr. Thompson counts more than 3,000 legs that have had blemishes erased and bulging veins reduced or removed. At the vein center, Dr. Thompson employs various techniques and technologies that allow him to customize treatment options and procedures to meet the unique needs of every patient. Referrals are never needed and he works with most major medical insurers, including Medicare and Medicaid.
Dr. Aaron Thompson also maintains his affiliations with the following medical centers in the area:
- 1994 to present — Catawba Valley Medical Center, Hickory, NC | Active Staff
- 1994 to present — Frye Regional Medical Center, Hickory, NC | Courtesy Staff
Before establishing a medical practice in North Carolina, Dr. Thompson was an attending physician at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in Newark, where he completed his surgical internship and residency.
Dr. Thompson earned the following degrees and achievements during his study of medicine:
- 1982 — Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Biology, University of Virginia / Charlottesville, VA
- 1986 — Doctor of Medicine (MD), University of Virginia School of Medicine / Charlottesville, VA
- 1986 to 1993 — Internship and Residency, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey / Newark
Honors / Distinctions:
In addition to working with patients in his private practice, Dr. Thompson maintains affiliation and honorary distinction with medical societies in the region and state:
- Catawba County (NC) Medical Society
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Catawba Valley Medical Center — Chief / Section of General Surgery in 2005 and Chair of the medical center’s Department of Surgery from 2010 to 2012
Dr. Thompson achieved board certification by the American Board of Surgery in 1996.