Hickory Community Theatre comedy
The Hickory Community Theatre will continue showings of the “The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen’s Guild Dramatic Society Murder Mystery” production this weekend. The play is about an amateur British drama group struggling to put on their annual production. Showings of the play will continue through July 28. Call the box office at 828-328-2283 or visit hickorytheatre.org to purchase tickets or get more information.
- When: Thursday at 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2:30 p.m.
- Where: Hickory Community Theatre in Hickory
- Cost: Tickets for Thursday nights at $14 for adults and $10 for youth ages 18 years old and younger. Tickets for Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are $18 for adults, $16 for seniors and $10 for students and youth 18 & under.
Conover Alive Concert Series
The summer concert series will continue this Friday with Departure — A Journey Tribute band. Food and beverages will be available for sale, face painting for kids and all shows are rain or shine. The City of Conover is also extending the Splash Pad hours to 9pm during the concerts. For more information, contact the Jaycees at email@example.com.
- When: Friday at 7 p.m.
- Where: Conover City Park
- Cost: Free admission
Party in the Park
Join the Hickory Police Department for a party in the park this Saturday. There will be food, games, music and free back to school supplies for children. The school supplies are available while supplies last. For more information, call 828-328-5551.
- When: Saturday from noon to 3 p.m.
- Where: Civitan Park in Hickory
- Cost: Free
Land Between The Rivers Native American Festival
This event is a celebration of the Native American culture and traditions of the western Piedmont regions of North and South Carolina. It will include Native American art and craft vendors, traditional tribal music and dance and regional history. Medicine Crow will be playing live music at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Saturday. For more information, call WoodMill Winery at 704-276-9911.
- When: Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m.
- Where: WoodMill Winery in Vale
- Cost: Free admission
The Hickory International Council will present Hickory’s version of Folkmoot USA this weekend. Groups from The Bahamas, Romania, Hungary and Egypt will be performing. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.showclix.com/event/folkmoot-2019-hickory, call 828-326-0256, or go to Taste Full Beans or United Arts Council of Catawba County.
- When: Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Where: Drendel Auditorium on the SALT Block in Hickory
- Cost: General admission for adults is $10, children 12 years old and younger get in for free